Gaming, content creation, and other intensive tasks require a certain type of chipset to keep up with the workload without giving up mid-way.
However, picking an appropriate chipset from the vast available variety that will work well with other components of your build is hard and usually needs a proper guide! This article will showcase the best B450 motherboard for AMD Ryzen.
When choosing the perfect fitting motherboard for their builds, most gamers narrow their choices down to X470 or B450 chipsets.
Amongst the two, the AMD B450 chipset is made to run all the power-hungry applications without bottlenecks and has better overclocking capabilities.
Though you won’t get features like NVMe RAID or SLI and abundant PCI Express lanes, foregoing these specifications hardly matter when you’re getting such a pocket-friendly deal. The B450 motherboards come in different form factors to pair with moderate to high-end processors in any PC case. Let’s dig a little deeper into what more they offer with a few suggestions regarding the best B450 motherboard for AMD Ryzen processors.
- Compatible with AMD AM4 Socket processors from Ryzen 5000 to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen CPUs.
- 8+2 DrMOS power stages with durable capacitors and high-quality alloy chokes for reliable power supply to the high-count-core AMD Processors.
- An optimizable thermal solution with extended PCH and VRM heatsinks, multiple hybrid fan headers M.2 heatsinks, and Fan Xpert utility for fan speed management.
- AI Noise Cancelling microphone technology and Gaming Audio from SupremeFX S1220A codec. Also has Sonic Studio II and DTS Sound Unbound for immersive, deeper sounds.
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting with Armoury Crate utility and for greater customization, a Gen 2 addressable RGB header and 2xRGB headers are present.
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F features a digital power control with a discrete MOS, a controller, and a capacitor to make sure it can handle the latest, most powerful AMD processors.
It comes with dual PCIe 3.0×4 M.2 slots where you can also create RAID configurations via a PCIe x16 slot and two M.2 slots with up to three PCI Express 3.0 storage devices as the ASUS ROG B450 also supports NVM Express SSD RAID to provide unmatchable data-transfer speed.
Perhaps the best b450 motherboard for ryzen series, the ASUS ROG Strix allows updates in the absence of CPU or memory with just a press of a button when they plug FAT32-formatted USB drive having the BIOS file into the USB BIOS FlashBack port. The intuitive ROG software and futuristic aesthetics make a perfect fit for your build.
- Extended PWM Heatsink design with an enhanced circuit layout allows smooth running of high-end processors.
- Has AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen2, 1x Turbo M.2, and Storemi technology for a lightning-fast gaming experience.
- Core Boost premium layout and power design allow better performances by supporting more cores.
- Unique MSI Gaming tools to boost your in-game skills and keep you a step ahead with clever hardware and software aids.
- Enhanced BIOS compatibility with multiple Ryzen processor generations making it the best B450 motherboard for AMD.
This motherboard from MSI comes prepared for all your heavy-duty gaming and computing needs. Featuring a large heatsink on top of the VRM, the MSI Tomahawk makes sure all the heat dissipates effectively keeping the system cool at all times. The HD audio processor, audio capacitors, and a dedicated amplifier stay isolated from the rest of the motherboard’s circuitry to deliver pure sound signals so you can hear each and everything during the game.
This gaming motherboard can support AMD 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Ryzen, Ryzen with Radeon Graphics, and Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics/2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics desktop processors for socket AM4. This is the perfect motherboard to pair up with your AMD processor!
- A 5X Protection III technology to protect the system with LANGuard, from overvoltage, DRAM overcurrent protection, and SafeSlot Core safeguards.
- IT endpoint management made simpler with ASUS Control Center Express.
- ECN control and EOL notice features and up to 36-month supply.
- Easy BIOS updates.
Driven by innovation and passion, ASUS brings the best b450 motherboard for AMD Ryzen for gaming from the incredible B450M-A/CSM series. The ASUS Prime B450 motherboard is perfect for pairing up with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors for efficient performance.
Enjoy fast connectivity from the 1 GB LAN, and multiple output ports like HDMI 2.0b, DVI Display, and D-Sub. It features a stainless steel back IO and SafeSlot Core guards to make sure the motherboard is protected from all around. The brand’s website allows users to easily download the latest BIOS for their specific motherboard models.
- 4 DIMMS and unbuffered dual-channel non-ECC DDR4 technology.
- Incredible sound from high-quality audio capacitors that come with audio noise guards as well.
- A Gigabyte Exclusive gaming 8118 LAN.
- DVI D ports for multiple displays and HDMI ports available.
- Smart Fan 5 features a fan top for efficient operation.
Still asking whhat is the best b450 motherboard on the market? Gigabyte B450 AORUS thermal is probably the most deserving of the title. The motherboard is capable of running with AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen, 1st Generation Ryzen, and Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics. Enjoy customized gaming experience with LED trace path lighting fusion RGB that has multi-zone LED light show design, digital LED support and RGB LED strips as well.
The motherboard comes with Gen 3 PCIe M.2 NVMe and a thermal guard to keep the slots protected against bottlenecks and thermal throttling. Maximize your PC’s potential with the StoreMI technology from AMD that will reduce boot times and allow users to enjoy enhanced data performances even on everyday PCs. The Hybrid digital power design has lower RDS (on) MOSFETs for supporting Ryzen processors.
- Two DIMMs, with the capability of supporting DDR4 3200 + OC
- HDMI, D-Sub, and DVI-D ports for Graphics support, also support 4K Ultra HD (UHD) playback from the HDMI port.
- High-density glass fabric PCB.
- A unique six-power phased design.
- Surge protection support.
- SATA3 6.0 Gb/s 4x connectors that support RAID, Hot Plug, and AHCI.
AMD Gigabyte B450M HDV features the fast PCIe Gen3 Ultra M.2 interface that will push your data transfer speeds up to 32 GB/s and provides support for SATA3 6 GB/s M.2 modules as well.
The AMD StoreMI technology combines SSD’s speed and a Hard disk’s capacity into a fast, single, and easy-to-manage drive that will move all your frequently accessed data to the SSD for a better user experience.
The motherboard has a pure black PCB appearance from the new Sapphire Black rock-solid quality OCB that adds to the sleek look of the motherboard.
Not only are the aesthetics on this board incredible, but the PCB glass fabric design also reduces the gaps between PCB layers to keep the motherboard safe from humidity-caused electrical shorts. By far, the best b450 motherboard for AMD ryzen processor of 2000, 3000, and 5000 series.
- Dual NVMe PCIe ultra-fast Gen3 M.2 x2, x4 with one thermal guard.
- Addressable LED and LED Strips support for RGB Fusion 2.0.
- Smart Fan 5 with its six temperature sensors and four hybrid fan headers come that has FAN STOP.
- Gigabyte exclusive 8118 gaming LAN has bandwidth management.
This Gigabyte motherboard is compatible with all the latest AMD Ryzen 5000 series processors and backward with AMD Ryzen 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st series processors. The USB Type-C interface, high-speed Ethernet, latest standard WIFI technology, and ultra-refined audio quality come together to form the best B450 motherboard for AMD Ryzen processors.
This motherboard also features the StoreMI technology that boosts the read/write speed of your device to enhance every kind of user’s experience on the final built. Moreover, the AORUS Elite V2 uses a 8+2 phases digital twin power design that offers incredible precision in delivering power to the motherboard’s energy-sensitive and power-hungry components. Features like 8118 RealTek gaming LAN, RGB Fusion 2.0, Smart Fan 5, onboard Audio and integrated I/O shield make sure it’s the perfect fit for any Ryzen processor.
- Turbo M.2, StoreMI, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen2 for lightning-fast gaming experience.
- Audio Boost featuring Nahimic 3 with an amplifier for clear, sharp, studio-grade sound quality for an immersive gaming experience.
- Lightning-fast gaming experience with AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen2, StoreMI, and Turbo M.2.
- PCIe steel armor and steel slots secured with extra solder points for security and ability to handle the weight of heavy graphics cards.
- Isolated memory circuits and optimized traces give a DDR4 boost to the entire performance.
The MSI Performance Gaming Motherboard has been designed to support multiple Ryzen processors from 1st generation to the 3rd. The advanced system tuning capabilities and easy-to-use layout from Click BIOS 5 allow users to get the most out of this motherboard. The latest core boost advancement keeps a zone especially reserved for superior power delivery components laid on an optimized circuit design. This arrangement allows a precise output of current and the most perfect power, making this MSI board the best b450 motherboard for AMD Ryzen for gaming.
The motherboard offers the usage of an array of software and hardware tools to keep you a step ahead of your in-game enemies. The fast and short transmission on the reserved motherboard section gives a DDR4 boost for better performance.
- Compatible with AMD 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen Ryzen, 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon Graphics, Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics, and Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for AM4 socket types.
- Up to 4133 (OC) MHz DDR4 memory support.
- Maximizes performance for NVMe based SSDs with Turbo M.2, running at PCI-E Gen3 x4.
- A simple Flash BIOS button for flashing any BIOS without having to install memory, a CPU, or a graphics card.
MSI ProSeries B450-A motherboard comes prepared with any and everything you might need in a gaming motherboard. Perhaps the best B450 motherboard for AMD Ryzen, the ProSeries motherboard supports the incredible AMD Crossfire multi GPU technology and has a well-thought PCI-e slot placement to keep the graphic cards cool at all times. Moreover, an optimum power delivery system keeps the current output to the CPU precise and efficient.
This B450 motherboard also features a dedicated sound card with Audio Boost from a dedicated amplifier, HD audio processor, high-quality audio capacitors, which are all physically kept isolated from the rest of the circuitry for pure, loud, and clear sounds. All the PCI-E slots are secured to the motherboard with extra solder points to gracefully take the weight of heavy graphics cards. All in all, a perfect board for gamers of all sorts.
- DVI-D, HDMI ports for multiple displays.
- RGB LED Strips in seven colors with RGB Fusion.
- Smart Fan 5 with 2 Hybrid fan headers and 5 temperature sensors.
- PCI-e Gen3 ultra-fast M.2 with PCIe NVMe and SATA mode support.
The ultra-durable B450 DS3H V2 motherboard from Gigabyte features Realtek Gigabyte LAN cFosSpeed network management app for improving network latency and maintaining low ping times in crowded LAN environments. The board is will support AMD 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation Ryzen, 2nd and 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics, Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors.
What makes DS3H the best b450 motherboard for ryzen series is its industry-leading LAN Static-Electricity and surge protection ability from the improved ESD resistance level and anti-surge ICs. It features high-quality onboard audio design that delivers precise sound resolution and expansion that creates the most realistic in-game sounds. Moreover, solid plated ATX 24pin and ATX 12V 8pin power connectors offer stable power supply while CPU overloads. There’s also a humidity protection glass fabric PCB to keep the board safe from short circuit malfunctioning.
- Supports AMD 2nd and 3rd Generation Ryzen processors.
- RGB Aura Sync and RGB LED Strips with compatible hardware.
- Fan Xpert 4 Core for comprehensive controls over AIO Pump and fans.
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with impressive circuit design and finest components.
- PCI-E ASUS Exclusive slot, SafeSlot Core for stronger retention and shearing resistance.
ASUS Prime B450-PLUS offers next-generation connectivity with speed and excellence in performance. The amazing set of features possessed by this board makes the best B450 motherboard for AMD Ryzen series powerful processors. You get to comprehensively control water pumps, fans, and AIO coolers via the Fan Expert 4 Core. You can also assign a sensor for monitoring the temperature of CPU and GPU during intensive workloads.
With the new USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A, experience up to 10 Gb/s of fast and flexible data-transfer speeds. M.2 supports up to 32 GB/s of data-transfer speed with x4 PCI-e 3.0, 2.0 bandwidth. The Prime B450 series offer a potent foundation to the build with memory stability from tracing layout tweaks and configurations.
Best B450 motherboard Buying Guide
The highly versatile B450 chipset motherboard from AMD can work with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and even 5th gen AMD Ryzen processors while extending CPU and memory overclocking capabilities. Despite their adaptability and our recommendations of the best B450 motherboard, you still need to tick some boxes off to get to the most befitting one for your PC. This buying guide will get you through this part.
The motherboard you’re getting should be able to physically support the CPU you already have or are planning to get. All of the motherboards from our recommendations have the AMD AM4 socket type which is the most common type in AMD Ryzen processors from the 1st till the latest generation.
An important characteristic to keep in mind is the form factor of your motherboard as they come in different sizes ranging from ATX, micro ATX, and mini ATX. Mini ATX is the ideal form factor for compact builds whereas ATX is the most commonly used size overall. The only difference size makes is that larger sizes usually come with more connectivity options.
Although the B450 chipset is capable of working with nearly all the AMD Ryzen processors launched to date, it’s still advised to ensure if the board can handle the memory kit you’re planning to use. Make sure you check the number of available memory slots. B450 motherboards usually offer 4 memory slots and varying memory speeds. Another factor to keep in mind is the maximum compatible memory speed, which can go from 3200 MHz to 4400 MHz. Also check the RAM Capacity supported by the motherboard as some work with up to 64 gigs of RAM, while other high-end ones can even support 128 gigs of RAM.
Motherboard chipsets can be updated over time with a BIOS update, updates that usually come with new features, better performance, and stability. This is where you need to consider the brand you’re planning to purchase from. You can check their websites to see if they regularly get BIOS updates or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can all B450 motherboards support Ryzen 3000?
Yes! all B450 motherboards are capable of supporting Ryzen 3000 either after a BIOS update or right out of the box. The BIOS flashback feature is useful in such cases where you can simply update BIOS with a simple button.
Which one is better, X470 or B450?
Both X470 and B450 are mid-range chipsets from AMD aimed at gamers and general users. Both have the same CPU compatibility and a negligible difference in performance. X470 being the high-end one offers additional features like more USB ports, SLI support, SATA3, and PCIe 2.0 slots. Users generally prefer B450 motherboards over X470 due to affordability and the similarity of end performances.
What is the best B450 motherboard?
From our list of recommendations regarding the best B450 motherboard for Ryzen processors, MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, and ASRock B450M-HDV have the best reviews from users.
Which socket is compatible with AMD Ryzen processors?
Most commonly found in B450 chipset motherboards, the AM4 socket type is the one socket for every AMD Ryzen processor released to date.
Is B450 better than B350?
B350 lacks the latest features like StoreMI and Precision Boost Overdrive, which is offered by the B450 chipset. Overall, yes! B450 is a better option if you’re looking for a high-performing budget-friendly motherboard.
Those who are on the hunt for motherboards that are inexpensive and identical in performance to the high-end expensive ones can consider the B450 chipset.
Though the best B450 motherboard for AMD Ryzen can only be determined once you define what you’re building and what your future usage is going to be like, we still compiled some great options for you to choose from along with their key features and detailed specifications.
Also, go through the buying guide to make sure you’re looking for the right features while making the final purchase.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
7 Best Gaming Mouse Under $30 2021 – Review & Buying Guide
If u are looking for a perfect gaming mouse but are tight with budget? You're in luck because we've listed best gaming mouse under $30. Let's dive in!
How to Choose the Right Motherboard for Your PC – Ultimate Build Guide 2021
Determining the right one for yourself can be a difficult task. In this article we will help you to choose the right motherboard for your pc!
Top 10 Best Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600 – Review & Buying Guide
Finding the best motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600 can be challenging as the processor and the motherboard must fully compatible... Read more
Top 10 Best Motherboard for i7 9700k Intel CPU 2021 – Awesome Picks
Searching for the best motherboard for i7 9700k in 2021? We know that recognizing the best one out of the many exceptional options is a tough chore.
10 Best Gaming Laptops Under $800 – A Thorough Analysis
We dug ourselves deep into research for the best gaming laptop under $800 and came up with some good options featured in this guide...
How to Clean Motherboard? Things to consider – 2021 Complete Guide
In this article learn how to Clean Motherboard (Correctly + Deep Cleaning Tips) and things to consider before cleaning motherboard... Let's dive in!